Contact us by leaving a comment below. All comments are moderated, so your message will not be publicly viewable.
MySpace Safety: 51 Tips for Teens and Parents, by Kevin and Dale Farnham, is now available.
While parents may have a hard time getting their teenagers to read the safety guides as they are much more interested in reading the most recent posts on their friends' blogs, Kevin and Dale's book is a comprehensive guide for parents who =need= to know how MySpace works and how their children are using it. As a talking tool and a resource for parents, the book is right on, particularly useful for parents who are not especially tech-saavy. The specific ways to avoid being tracked, examples of ways MySpace can be used appropiately and also how information can be misused and even put your children in danger, are all incredibly valuable and written in an easy, accessible manner.
All parents of internet-generation teens should have a copy!
Danielle Taylor "Mom of 2"
If you'd like to support the authors' continued effort in researching MySpace.com, social networking, and other emerging technologies, please consider purchasing the book online:
Barnes & Noble
Myspace Safety: 51 Tips For Teens And Parents
How-To Primers (with Paypal account and MC or Visa)
The digital edition (Adobe Acrobat Reader required) is available for immediate download at Powells.com.
You can read selections from the book at the publisher site: HowToPrimers.com.
- AOL Developer Community: daily blog and articles about the AOL APIs, related technologies, Web 2.0, etc.
- www.MySpace.com/OreillyMedia: code and instruction on how to customize/program MySpace and the Web.
- Office of Naval Research: mathematical modeling
- AOL Developer Community Editor's Blog
- O'Reilly diyincite MySpace Blog
- How-To Primers Tech Talk
- How-To Primers: publisher of technology primers, quick-start guides, and user manuals
- MySpaceSafetyTips.com: Tips for teens and parents on how to use MySpace.com safely and responsibly
- MathematicalAnalysis.com: experiments involving mathematical modeling (site is idle at present, to be continued at some point in the future...)
- KalaFarnham.com: singer, songwriter, pianist; available for weddings, private parties, studio recording sessions, open mic features, coffeehouse and club performances